Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rest Time

Last night Mike and Diana and a few other extended relatives were coming to the house for dinner. Parker spent the afternoon with me helping me clean up outside (he washed off the patio chairs and table - and did a really good job, I might add) and making some of the food. After we were finished, I asked him if he wanted to rest before everyone came over for dinner. I expected an immediate NO, but instead got the following response: He motioned me to be quiet and then put his hand to his ear like he was on the phone. I waited a minute and then asked him who he was talking to and he replied - "Shh! I'm talking to God." To my surprise - He must have told him yes, because he immediately went into the TV room to lay down and rest. Later when I asked him what God's phone number was he said - "Silly, Nema, God doesn't have a phone number!"

2 comments:

Marnee Marriott said...

I love it! Just remember, "It is another beautiful day in the valley today!"

Anne said...

I'm still laughing at this and I read it a few days ago! Precious.