Wednesday, January 31, 2007
When you have sons, you quickly learn the following is possible . . .
1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when! the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4- year old Boy.
11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin , TX has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. 80% of Women will pass this on to all most all of their friends, with or without kids.
25. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Mom told me that I need to post something, so I'll write about Becca's conference and our trip to AZ. Becca got her employer to pay the conference fee, so we decided to fly down to PHX. When Dad heard that we were coming down, he decided to go to Brazil. But, it's been fun keeping Mom up late and playing with Parker and Ryan. Unfortunately, everyone has been sick. Hopefully, Becca and I can go back to Utah without catching anything.
Well, there's my first blog on Moser Moments.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
And the new table . . .
(I think 5 is all we are ever going to get around it, but it was fun to eat dinner at!)
And in an unrelated subject - Robin's blog and read her "Waffle House Rock" post. It's all about a trip that we made out to Harrisonburg a few months ago.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
OK... so I've been feeling a little guilty that I haven't been keeping track of all the funny things that Parker says... or all of the "first" Ryan is doing. Mom is getting after me for not writing these down. I just realized that this is a great place to keep track of all of that stuff... instead of emails to everyone. I suppose there is probably a way to print this "blog" at some point. What an easy and fun way to keep a journal! I'm so terrible at it, and it is really hard to keep track of random emails. Anne... I finally GET IT! Thanks for setting this up and creating a great "family history" page for us.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Marnee et al -
I found this that is exactly what we were looking for. It is a way to upload lots of photos to the blog and be able to share them with each other. It's pretty easy to use and we can each download the full size pictures from them if we want to.
Anyway - go here and learn more: http://www.hello.com/how_bloggerbot_works.php
Thursday, January 11, 2007
So I just spent the day with my clients in Chicago (Lake County). The 'project manager' from my company wasn't able to make it, so I was flying solo. The purpose of our visit is to meet with four different computerized maintenance management system vendors and watch their presentations about their software. Lake County is going through the process of purchasing a new software and FEA has been helping them through this process. It was overwhelming and kind of interesting to be sitting there as the 'expert' in the room. The vendors knew that I could sway the opinion of Lake County, and Lake County kept asking me all of these questions when the vendors weren't there about what I have seen at other organizations and what my opinion was.
I'm pretty sure I made up most of what I said, but I think it sounded believable. The longer I'm in this career, the more that I realize that it is not so much about the experience that you have, but about the experience you can draw from others and make others believe that you really know what you are talking about. All I know is that by the end of the day, I definitely felt older than I usually think I am! I think I like playing the role of the young kid that doesn't know much more - there's no accountability in that role!
Okay, I must be as old as Marnee. I can't figure this out either. I tried to upload a picture. It said it uploaded but nothing is showing up. I'll have to work on this later.
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Tuesday, January 2, 2007
Beautiful pictures, Anne. I thought this would be a good way to share some of the pictures from Christmas, but I guess I really have no idea what I am doing. This is the first blog I have ever done, or visited for that matter. Please help me. Do I need to resize pictures before uploading them? I tried to upload 4 and it took 45 minutes and still nothing happened! Ahhhh... I should be getting work done, but instead I am playing around on this. Oh well. I've decided I need some help since I am so out of touch with everything... blogs, ipods, etc. (Except now that I turned 30, I am cool and hip as my husband, in a great effort to keep me acting young and stylish, bought be an ipod.) I'm not quite sure yet what to do with it, but we have discovered itunes and are starting to feel like if we can figure out this blog thing we might actually start to know something other than disney, thomas, and cars. What happened? We swore we would never get old and out of touch with young trends! Just wait Steven and Becca and Anne... it will happen to you too! :) Oh, and one last thought. Do I get emails when someone has posted something? And how is this different/better than just sending emails to everyone?