Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Parker and Ryan just came in to get me... "Mom, come here." I went outside and they had moved all of the patio furniture around. "Hmmm, boys... that's interesting. Why did you do that?" Parker says, "We're making a cafe." "Oh really? It looks great. What is a cafe?" Parker says, "Well, you know, it's kind of like a little restaurant."
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
This is for you, Noelle! :)
OK, so I'm making this easy, so it will get done. Here are Noelle's 7 interesting things, Marnee style.
- I love to pick scabs and zits...Start out with the gross one I know! Yup! Me too!
- I have never gotten a speeding ticket Wish I could say that, but I have been ticket free for over 2 years now, so that's a relief!
- I had the chicken pox when i was 9. My fever was 106 and i was hallucinating. I was hospitalized and given a spinal tap(OUCH) The Dr. thought I may have had pox on my brain. I had Kate without an epidural. Sorry... that's the best I can do to compete on this one!
- Althoug it took a while to admit....shhh! I actually like my minvan! Although I still hate to admit it, I WANT a minivan!
- People think I am calm. Im not so much and I really don't like that about me. I'm anything but calm. I don't think I know how to be calm. And no one has ever mistaken me for being calm. But surprisingly to all who know me from childhood, and more surprisingly to those who know Mike too... I'm the more patient one with the kids. Can you believe that?
- I love having pictures taken, I even have some great ones. You wouldn't know it cause i have a HUGE problem with getting things framed. I LOVE taking pictures. But, this isn't something surprising. Hmmm... I've done several different shoots with my own kids this year, even cleared a way for them, but still have not gone through the images to get anything printed. And the wall of "love" only has Parker and Ryan on it. It took me until Ryan was 10 months old to add him. Kate is 13 months old... hmmm... she hasn't noticed yet!
- I absolutly love eating brussel sprouts. I have some growing in the garden right now. I prefer chocolate chip cookies. I often sneak a cookie for breakfast and lunch while giving the 'only eat healthy foods' lecture to the kids. Mom... I think I learned this from you! And not surprisingly, I think Parker is learning this from both of us. Sorry Becca... you have a lot of work to do with us!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
All the exposure has advanced those climbing skills.
I found him on the 3rd stair the other day. Previous to that he had never shown any interest in the stairs, so needless to say I was not expecting him to have gotten so far.
Friday, October 17, 2008
It's been awhile and I have a bunch of random pictures to post.
We went to the zoo over Fall Break with some friends I used to work with at Marriott (and their daughters.) It was a nice day, but still a tad warm to spend all day at the zoo. Kate was loving it, though. FREEDOM!
We also hit the train park over fall break with a few friends from church. Here's Parker with Jackson and Brandon.
And the best... the corn maze. Although Mike didn't listen to the rules and stay close by, we somehow all ended up finding our way out of the 2.5 acre MAZE.