Monday, February 19, 2007

And for those of you who are thinking, 'Wow, it looks so light and fluffy - how fun!"

Yes, these are tire tracks from my car - and there is about 4 inches of ice underneath the tire track.


And to get this small amount of ICE shoveled off my steps so my friends and roommate wouldn't die, I spent about an hour shoveling.

But, at least once you come inside, you'll see that my cabinets are finally done! I still haven't put hardware on, but I have to convince my landlord to pay for that first. I think they turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself . . .

And here is my lovely kitchen table . . .

Now all I need are visitors to see it in person! I also have my new light fixture, but no picture yet. That will come later.

2 comments:

Marnee Marriott said...

Did you do the cabinets yourself? How did you do it? They look great! I love the kitchen green... everything looks really good. I'm sure your landlord thanks you for all you have done in making the place "nice". We will have to come back and visit... especially now that you have multiple places to eat! :)

Anne said...

I did it myself. It was quite an ordeal. I had to sand, prime, sand, paint a base coat (creamy yellow), sand, paint a second coat, then put a mahogany stain on top of that. It only took me over a month . . . but in all probably only about 15 hours.