Saturday, September 15, 2007

More Beach Bums

I know this is a little late in coming, but I thought I'd fill everyone in on my Labor Day Weekend at Rohobeth Beach. A few of my friends and a few people I didn't know all went out to stay at his guy's beach house out in Delaware. It ended up being a great group of people - about 20 of us, and we had representation from each singles ward in Northern Virginia. For the most part, we just relaxed on the beach, spent way too much money at the Outlets, and hung out around the house.

It was quite interesting because Rohobeth Beach is also known as "Rohomo Beach." The house across the street from us had a party one night that included none other then a drag show and we had lots of fun being surrounded by guys in speedos and the like.

We also had a nice surprise while we were on the beach. My friend Amanda and I were asleep and all of the sudden, we heard this lady say "oh no! oh no! oh no!" All of the sudden we felt water coming up on our feet and before we knew it, it was almost up to our waist! Luckily we jumped up very quickly and grabbed all of our stuff (I didn't know I could get up that fast!) before our bags got wet. It definitely made us rethink falling asleep on the beach!

I didn't get any pictures of me since I was taking all of the pictures, but here are a few anyway...



0 comments: