Monday, October 1, 2007

Saturday a couple of my friends and I hit up Six Flags in Maryland for Freddie Mac Family Fun Day. Missy's dad works for Freddie Mac and gave us his tickets so we could enjoy the rides for free! I was perfect! Short lines, free food, free rides, and beautiful weather!

Dave, Missy, & I LOVED Superman! There were no lines, so we jumped off and run back on again about 4 times in a row. Mary was too scared to ride it so she took pictures for us.

It was a long day and when we did have to wait in line, we were not very happy...

Sunday morning, I woke up bright and early to catch a 7am flight out to Denver. Unfortunately, my flight was delayed as we were sitting on the runway for an hour and half. Luckily, I had been upgraded to 1st class so I was able to easily sleep through the delay and the entire flight. I then proceeded to sleep through my next flight as well and probably got a good 5 hours of sleep. I got into Denver at about 1pm and headed down to Colorado Springs to see Stephanie. She is doing very well and so is her husband Jon and baby Samantha.

After spending about 5.5 hours there, I left for my trek up to Estes Park (about a 2 hour drive). I'm up in Estes this week (and maybe next) working on a project for the National Park Service. We are looking at their water systems and waste water systems for Rocky Mountain National Park. Basically, we are just taking pictures of valves, wells, pump stations, etc, writing down a little bit of data about each asset, and capturing GPS coordinates of each asset. Its pretty mindless work and a nice change from staring at my computer in my office! Here are some views from my "office" this week....

3 comments:

Marnee Marriott said...

Hard life, Anne! What a tough "office" to work in! :) Thanks for posting the pic of Stephanie's baby - that was fun to see. Hope you are enjoying all of the traveling. I guess flying first class makes it a little easier! When are you coming to AZ?

Steve said...

You never seem to have a dull moment! Isn't it great having friends all over so every place you visit there is someone to see. I can't believe Stephanie's little girl is that old. I feel like I just saw her at WIC.
Man, I wish I had that sort of view from my office!

Anne said...

Yeah. Can you believe that Steph's baby is almost a year old?! The traveling has been fun and I'm taking off again in another hour to head back to Colorado. I came home just for my semi-annual General Conference Brunch. I'll be there for only a couple days (hopefully) and then head out to AZ on the 18th.