Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Anne Moser Day

So, I came home tonight to an interesting surprise. My friends had decided that today was going to be Happy Anne Moser Day. For some reason they decided that as part of celebrating Thanksgiving, they had to give thanks for me. Missy, Shanna, and Kevin made a fantastic dinner (chicken parm, salad, garlic bread, pasta, cheesecake, chocolate covered strawberries) and we (them and about 5 others) all just ate, talked, and they thought it was a good idea to go around and tell everyone why they thought I was so wonderful... a little awkward, definitely unnecessary, but very nice. I even ended up with flowers from Casey and Josh, some chocolate from Shanna, and a neck massage from Neal. My friends who couldn't come all email Missy their reasons for why they loved me - all great presents. Needless to say, I was very surprised by all of it and still don't quite know what to think of it. I have fantastic friends and feel very overwhelmed, am not quite sure what I did to deserve this, but am very blessed. So, I guess the point of this is to let everyone know that from now on, I guess November 20th has been deemed Happy Anne Moser Day.

3 comments:

scottnsheesh said...

Anne, I think that you truly are lucky to have such amazing friends. Doesn't everyone wish that friends and family would recognize them in such a way just because. Birthdays don't count either because it already is your day. I have to admit to being a little jealous. I am happy for you. I am sure that made you feel like a million bucks!
Love ya and Happy Turkey Day
Sheesh

Jon and Jane Moser said...

Wow - I'm so impressed and happy for you. You are such a good friend. It's wonderful to know that your friends actually recognize it also. You do so much for so many people. Quite a change from your special day when you were younger - "what day is it today? -- it's pick on Anne day!"

Marnee Marriott said...

November 20th it is then... you probably deserve many more days than that... We need a Happy Aunt Anne Day. Parker and Ryan (and Kate, I'm sure) think you are the best! (Sorry to the other AUNTS.. but she does come visit the most and she does sleep in Parker and Ryan's room with them which they think is the coolest. In fact, Parker was soooo excited that it was finally cold enough to wear his "AUNT ANNE" shirt that has a hood on it. He loved going "incognito" (yes, he does say that) with his hood on and then telling everyone that it is really Parker underneath. Thanks Anne... we think you are pretty great too! It's nice that you got recognized. Everyone deserves that - and not just on the appointed birthday, mother's day, etc holidays when your friends/family feel obligated to share their appreciation and thanks. What great friends to come up with this out of the blue.