Friday, November 23, 2007

I thought it would be a good/fun idea for everyone (including the kids - and Dad!) to list the top 10 things you are thankful for - and try to be creative - we all know you are thankful for your family, friends, the gospel, etc. Either edit this post and add to it or create a new one for your family. Since they will be long, it will probably work best not to do them in the comments.

So, I guess I'll start:

1. Warm weather in November - or anytime for that matter
Marnee says... COLD weather in NOVEMBER... finally got down to 70 today! YEAH!
S&S....In this area we are grateful when it is sunny in Nov.
Mom-I agree with Marnee - however not too cold - had enough of that in Washington. Rain is especially nice in small Arizona doses.
2. DVR
YEAH... I agree... best invention... especially for nursing moms at 3am when there is nothing on TV!
S&S....On demand for Riley so she can watch a descent cartoon in the afternoon/evening if needed.
Mom-DVR is great - now if I could just teach Dad to use it - actually I guess I'm thankful that he hasn't figured it out yet - that way I get to control the remote!
3. Dark Chocolate
NO... MILK chocolate
S&S...Chocolate w/ nuts
Mom - chocolate with raisins
4. The little surprises that you don't expect
5. Pictures

This should be top of the list!
Mom - love the pictures but the real thing is better! (Sorry Marnee - nothing tops hugs and kisses from my grandchildren. Pictures, however are a really good substitute when I can't get the real thing)
6. Laughter
Kate laughed this week! Seriously the best thing ever to hear your kids laughing.
S&S..I agree with children's laughter. It is really the best sound in the world!!
Mom-I love that Parker makes me laugh by the things he says and does and that Garrett's smile is so - what can I say - permanent!
7. Technology
S&S...Without it I wouldn't be able to e-mail Scott while he is underway or e-mail my brother while he is currently in Iraq.
Mom- I love this family website - I'm thankful to Anne for starting it and everyone for being so good to add to it.
8. Fall Colors
What's that? Browns, tans, oranges? I think that is AZ Summer Colors.
S&S..Love fall and the colors. Thankful for going to Utah and getting pics as a family with the colors.
Mom-flowers all year long - in Arizona (can't do that where there are seasons!)
9. Days off of work
Again, what is that?
S&S..is there such a thing as a day off when you are a mom?
10.An eternal perspective
Can't think that far right now... I'm grateful for 6pm when Mike is home from work!
S&S...We are grateful that there is a light at the end of our Navy tunnel

Mom-I'd like to add -
1. Memories - memories of all the fun times spent with my family - birth of children, babtisms, missions, vacations, Christmases, holidays, first day of school, football, baseball, piano lessons, dancing lessons, Cotillion, etc, etc.
I'm thankful that the good times far outshine the not so good times but that some of the not so good are not completely forgotten.
2. 2 wonderful daughters-in law and 1 wonderful son in law. I honestly could not ask for any better!
3. Grandchildren - they are the best - they make everything worthwhile!

1 comments:

Marnee Marriott said...

Fun idea, Anne... thanks! How was thanksgiving?