Sunday, July 27, 2008

Nostalgic

To say I am nostalgic is a gross understatement. I have a hard time getting rid of ANYTHING that has any memories or meaning attached to them. I still have all of my homecoming/prom dresses from high school that Mom made for me. I can't fit into most of them and couldn't even wear them if I could, but I just can't seem to throw them out. I even have files overflowing with notes, cards, and emails from friends and family.

Mom gave this teddy bear to me the day she helped me move into my dorm room freshman year at BYU. It has sat on my bed every day since then (when I make my bed, of coures).








This is a case that the gold Olympic medals were encased in. They made a bunch of extras (not sure why). Myke and I stumbled upon them one day after the Olympics and snatched a couple for ourselves before they were thrown out.






I loved this record when I was younger. I thought it was so unique and beautiful. I tried to keep such good care of it. Ironically, it got warped in the car on the way up to BYU. When I was trying to fix it, it cracked. The record has been through a lot, but every time I look at it, I can remember how happy it made me to pull it out of my closet as a little girl.



Whenever I went over to Baba & Ben's I loved looking at their porcelain flowers. Luckily, I talked Mom into giving one of them to me after Baba died. The beauty and elegance of this flower reminds me of Baba.



Marnee & Mike made superlatives for Steve, Mckay, & I when we graduated. Although it hasn't entirely come true, it isn't because I haven't tried!



The rocking chair. It isn't my style, I don't really like the fabric on it, and it is kind of falling apart so you can't sit on it, but it represents so much more! There are memories locked in this chair that I'm sure no one but the chair knows.







My furniture. Its fun to think that this furniture was Mom's, Marnee's, and then mine. Hopefully, one day it will be my daughters.








Heather made this pillow for me out of left over material and stuffing when she, Baba, Mom, and I went up to a cabin one weekend in high school. Its lumpy, not square, and is falling apart, but I still cuddle with it every night.



Dad brought this home for me after one of his business trips. I can't remember where he went or how old I was when I got it but I love how it reminds me that he was thinking about me while he was away.



Some think I hang this on my wall to remind myself how to spell my name and when my birthday is. That's only partically true.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Anne, I've seen these items around your apt. It's kind of fun to learn the meaning behind them. Thanks for sharing.

Marnee Marriott said...

I thought your name was annemarie. You know, one word. Hmmm... all these years!

This was fun to read! Thanks!